Sunday, October 2, 2011

2 Weeks Feels Like Forever

So, I know I said I would post about my anniversary weekend but I want to do it justice and I just do NOT have time...

I have an accounting test Tuesday and must start studying or I just won't do well. My teacher is notorious for being a tricky tester, even saying to us the first day: "I teach like an elementary school teacher but test like a graduate level professor". Oh. Okay. THAT makes sense.

Anywho, I just wanted to make a quick note of an accomplishment I made today! For the past two weeks my hip has really been giving me problems and I haven't been able to run. I have gone through major withdrawals (CAN'T believe I'm saying that) and exercising on the elliptical just wasn't giving me the same high I get from running.

That isn't to say I don't like the elliptical. It is a great way to knock out your cardio, especially if you have old people joints like me. :) I plan to incorporate the treadmill into my workout routine but it is SO nice to not have to rely on it.

Tonight, however, I thought back on the last couple of days and realized my hip hadn't been giving me trouble. I immediately (well, after watching some lazy sunday shows) put on my tennies and headed to the gym. I got on the treadmill and planned to do 3 or so miles just to warm back up. But once I started I just couldn't get enough! It was probably a combination of not having ran in awhile and my adrenaline being so high. I ran faster than I ever have but my distance wasn't super long. I knew I didn't need to push myself too hard considering it has been two weeks.

The two weeks may have felt like forever but the 9.51 mile run for 60 minutes was worth the wait! 6.64 is a nice number :)

No comments:

Post a Comment